Thursday, October 2, 2008

Free Skate Night

Willow Canyon sponsors a free skate night every year at Classic Skating and tonight was the night. Cierra had been begging and pleading for me to take them again this year, so off we went. It was actually really fun and Caden even figured out how to "scooter" on the three-wheeled scooters. Kenzie switched back and forth between using a scooter and skates and Cierra just stuck to the scooter. I sat by someone from my ward and talked while the kids played. She works with kids with disabilities, so it was nice to get her perspective about Caden and have someone to talk to about it. The kids were happy to have pizza for dinner, but after I had a bite of Caden's, I have no idea what they were happy about and why Cierra wanted a second piece. It tasted like garlic-flavored cardboard. I guess that's what you get for $2. The only problem that we ran into was the strobe lights. If you know anything about epilepsy, you know what can happen when someone with epilepsy is exposed to them. Within a couple of minutes, Cierra was having continuous seizures, so it was time to go. I'm just glad that it happened towards the end of the night, rather than the beginning. Cierra started feeling better as soon as we got outside and was back to herself within 20 minutes of getting home. She is such a good sport about all of this.....it really amazes me. I know at her age, I would not have handled it as well. Here are some pictures :)



4 comments:

Terrie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Lillie really wanted to go too, but it just didn't work out.

Crystal said...

Fun stuff! I love it when kids are easy to please; free skate night and cheap pizza. Sounds like a deal.

Karebear said...

Fun, Fun, Fun!

Shannon said...

Aaahhh, we missed it! I'm glad your kids had fun. We have only gone skating there once but the boys sure had fun. :)