Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Festivities and more

It has been another busy week around the Sullivan house. Sometimes it feels like it's never going to end. Sometime over the UEA weekend (I think it was Monday), we went to Gardner Village and did a Witch Scavenger Hunt. We went on a wagon ride and then we went to the petting zoo and Cierra had a pony ride. Caden loved the petting zoo, but was terrifed of the goats that had horns and kept saying "Scary monster goat." It was really funny.

The kids at the petting zoo

Kenzie and Caden petting a goat

Cierra on the pony ride

Caden sitting with some pumpkins

Last Friday we went to a dinner/family gathering to celebrate Hugh B. Brown's 125th birthday (no, he's not still alive.) He was Erick's great-grandpa. It was fun to listen to all the stories and meet new people that we are related to.

Kenzie and Cierra at the dinner

Erick had Saturday and Sunday off and we had high hopes of accomplishing a lot of things around the house, but neither of us felt very good, so not very much got done.

Monday evening Kenzie went to a Halloween party with her friend Kara. It was a haunted house and she said that it was a lot of fun. Yesterday was the Halloween Carnival at Caden's school. It was so much fun. I wasn't sure how Caden would handle all of the noise and all of the people, but he did great. He played lots of games and had so much fun eating dinner and collecting prizes. He especially loved the swimming pool full of dried beans......I couldn't keep him away from it.

Caden playing some games


Eating a donut....yum!

Caden's favorite part of the whole carnival....the bean pool!

Kenzie, Cierra, and Caden......the three loves of my life

Today Caden had preschool and he did really good when I dropped him off, but they said he had several meltdowns during class. I just keep hoping that every week will get better. I also took Cierra to the neurologist again today. Her seizures are still increasing on a daily basis, so we are going up on the dosage again. We can still go up a little bit higher on this particular medication before we need to think about adding a second one to the mix or switching medications all together. I really hope that we can get them under control before we move, but as of right now, it's not looking too hopeful. Cierra also got to go to a halloween party at her friend Lillie's house today. She was so excited because it her first one and she had a blast.

I have also been busy this week getting ready for my first ever garage sale. We are trying to make a little bit of extra money for our move, so Saturday morning we are setting up shop in the driveway. I hope that I will be able to report back later that it was a success. And of course, with Halloween, the rest of the week will be pretty busy. I was just thinking how much I was looking forward to next week and then I looked at my calender. It is just as full with Dr. appointments and therapies, etc.

I also want to add this one last picture that I took last week. I just love it. It is rare to get a picture of Caden looking at the camera, but this was close enough.....he was looking at me instead. I love the look on his face. It just captures everything about my anegelic son in that one moment. His innocence, his beautiful eyes, his sweet little face. He is truly an angel on earth. I love everything about him and I wouldn't take away his autism, even if I could. It is so much a part of him and I think he is perfect :)

5 comments:

Karebear said...

That is such a beautiful picture of Caden. Good luck with the garage sale! If I was there I would come and buy something. When are you planning on moving? I hope everything is going okay for you. You need and deserve it.

Kristin said...

We have set an official move date of December 28th! It seems really scary and real now that we have a date!

TUsulli said...

You do some of the funnest things with your kids! They are so lucky to have such a fun mom. I especially appreciated your comments about Caden at the end. What a great perspective you have, it helps me to see that I shouldn't be whining.

$5 Dinner Mom said...

Hey Kristin! Glad that you found $5 Dinners! I have another blog that details our journey with Chiari and the other dev delays we deal with! It's http://rdcapraxia.blogspot.com

I would encourage you to BEG/DEMAND an MRI. It's not clear the genetic link of Chiari, but if it's in your family, I would definitely push for a "diagnostic" MRI. Based on the pictures in the post, you ds doesn't "look" like he's autistic. Call your ped to get the referall for the MRI. I have been very agressive and proactive in this whole process! And both boys are doing great in their therapies! Email me at 5buckdinners at gmail dot com. I don't have an email for you just from your comment. Would love to talk more!
Erin

Carrie Weeks said...

Great pictures! I love the last one of Caden and I hope Cierra starts feeling better.