Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update on Cierra


I just wanted to take a minute and update everyone on how Cierra is doing. Overall, she is doing better. But, she is still having daily seizures and I think that we have a long way to go until she is seizure-free. On Tuesday she had no seizures and then yesterday she had 27! It is always unpredictable and we are trying very hard to figure out what triggers them. We are going up weekly on her medication for the time being and are hoping that we will reach a therapeutic level soon. She is now taking 5ml of Trileptal 2x a day. We appreciate all of your concern and prayers and would appreciate it if you could continue to keep her in your prayers. She is really struggling right now with the emotions that come along with having epilepsy and with feeling "different."

6 comments:

TUsulli said...

I like to think that Cierra is not "different", more that she is "unique", like a snowflake, the only one of it's kind (by the way, does Nana still do snow-flakes in the window panes?
We'll pray for her, and I'll enlist my spiritual allies, because as Nana & Bubba can attest, I'm not always the one you want to be sending the communication upwards...:)

Michelle Wilkes said...

Tell her I love her and to hang in there. Can't wait for her to come so Shakayla can practice her manicures on her instead of me!!!

Karebear said...

You must be very frustrated. It's hard when you take the medicine and sometimes it seems to work and other times there is no difference. I always feel like it is so hard as a Mom to watch your kids have a hard time and feeling like there is nothing you can do to help. I hate that feeling. Hang in there. We love you all and miss you guys tons and tons.

Heather said...

We will keep her in our prayers.One thing she has going for her is an adorable haircut.

Ashley Rawlings said...

Cierra is in my thoughts and prayers. If you ever need to just chat or vent, you know where to find me.

(((hugs)))

Kim said...

I'm so sorry this is something that you and your family are going through. I am praying that the meds will begin to help her and to stop her seizures soon.

On another note - I saw the tiny box with the template link on your blog and found one of my own like I like! Thank you SO much for mentioning it. :) I LOVE that site's templates. :)