Friday, March 14, 2008

What a week!

Wow! Life sure is a challenge sometimes. The last 7 or 8 days have been really difficult for our family. It all started last Thursday when my Mom found out that she had to have another toe amputated. She had been trying to avoid having it amputated for several years, but it was time to let it go. Then Friday morning, she went into work and found out that her position had been cut and she no longer had a job. She had worked there for 7 years and was very sad to go. This also means no more health insurance for her and that is a really bad thing all in itself. Early Sunday morning, my brother Chad's good friend, passed away from an overdose. It has been a real eye-opener for him. Early Monday morning, I got a phone call from my best friend Brandi. Anytime the phone rings that early in the morning, it's not a good thing. Her little sister had gone into the hospital late Sunday night to deliver her baby, but sadly her baby girl did not make it. They are like family to us, so this was hard news to hear. Yesterday was little Natalie's funeral and also my Mom's surgery. My Mom's surgery went well, but on the way home they got in a car accident. Everyone is okay, just shaken up. The car however is not okay. Natalie's funeral was very sweet and she is a beautiful baby. Throughout all of this, I have been dealing with a spasmatic gallbladder. I am having it removed Monday morning and I am so excited to be rid of it! I'm hoping that Monday kind of wraps up this difficult time.......I'm defintitely ready for a break. One thing that I have been grateful for throughout all of this, is my faith in Christ. At the end of some especially hard days this last week, it was really nice to have Christ to give my burdens to. With Easter just around the corner, I am even more grateful for the Atonement and for all of the many things that Christ has done for us.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Kristin, I'm so sorry you and your family have had so much to bear this week. I don't know why trials come in tidal waves like they seem to. We'll keep you and your mom, and whole family in our prayers.

Karebear said...

Wow Kristin. That is a rough week! I hope that everything goes well for you on Monday and that this tidal wave will pass quickly. Good luck.

Terrie said...

I am sorry you are having such a difficult time. It is defiantly times like these when we rely on The Savior most. This is why the gospel is so amazing. Please let me know if I can help. Good luck on Monday.

Patty said...

WOW!! It really has been a tough time in your family. I am so sorry Kristin. i pray things get better for everyone. Many hugs...

Also, you've been TAGGED, read my blog

Take care hun.