Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Date Night

Erick and I went out to dinner last night with my sister Ericka and her boyfriend Malcolm. Malcolm was here visiting from Manitoba for the week, so we wanted to get together with them so that we can get to know Malcolm better before he whisks my sister off to Canada. We went out to the Mayan and had a great time. It was really nice to have grown-up time without any kids or babies wanting my attention (unless you count Erick....lol). My kids were reluctant to let us go to the Mayan without them, but Mackenzie went and hung out with Megan and Cierra got to go see her new nephew, so they dealt with it. Caden was mad that we were leaving, but he's mad all the time. I have to say that we love Malcolm and we couldn't be happier for Ericka. Although I'm sad that she'll be moving so far away and I'll miss her like crazy, I'm happy that they found eachother. Besides, it will give us an excuse to go to Canada and visit.

4 comments:

Karebear said...

Date night. What a great concept. Ben and I went on a date last week and it consisted of Target and Rooms To Go for Kids. Someday we'll have a real date. We were going to go out to dinner, but I didn't feel well enough and why pay for food your bound to throw up!

Terrie said...

I love date night! Especially the part where you get to have an adult conversation with out a million "hey moms" interjected every few seconds. And eating out is always great...especially the no cooking part.

Amy said...

Date night is the best! Eating out is one of my favorite things to do. It definitely gives your relationship a little boost.

Shannon said...

Kudos for getting out and spending an evening with adults!