Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cierra is Seven!!!

On November 12, 2001, I woke up with a horrible backache at about 5:00am and thought nothing of it. I figured that I had slept wrong and was just uncomfortable from being very pregnant. I had an appointment at the hospital at 9:30am to have a non-stress test done. Erick went to work because I wasn't due for a few days still and I had no idea that I was in early labor. I dropped Kenzie off with my Grandma and headed to the hospital for my test. After my non-stress test, they decided to keep me in a room for a little while to evaluate me. I called Erick and my Mom to come over to the hospital because I thought that they might be keeping me. Through out the morning, my backache continued to get worse, but I still I had no idea that it was early labor. Soon after my Mom and Erick arrived, my water broke. So it was then decided that I would of course be staying put. After laboring most of the day all natural, I finally begged for an epidural. My midwife wanted to check me before I got it because she thought that I was in transition, but I wouldn't let anyone touch me until I had my epidural. So I got my epidural in place and I let my midwife check me and guess what.......I was complete and ready to push! I had Cierra about 20 minutes later before the epidural even had a chance to fully work. She came into the world at 7:31pm and weighed 7lbs 1oz and was 21 inches long. She came out very alert and studied the whole room. She was born with dark brown hair and very dark brown eyes. She was absolutely perfect. Cierra was a great baby and even slept through the night from day one. I am so grateful that she is my daughter and feel blessed that she is a part of our family.

My mother insisted on taking this picture. It was the night before I had Cierra.

In the hospital

A few days old

About a month old

About 3 months old

Her newest school picture

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved this post, but it made me have a good chuckle after I realized my mistake. I hope Cierra has a very Happy Birthday today! I saw you on face book too. Do you ever get on there? I added you as a friend!

Sister Hamilton said...

Your blog is great. I love the pic's of the kids. I'm sorry I didn't know it was Cierra's BD. A big hug for her. You will do well waiting to go to NM. Hang in there Mom. Caden's marshmellows were so cute, he is going great Mom. Hope to see you soon.

Michelle Wilkes said...

Happy Birthday Cierra! We didn't remember until yesterday. See you soon! (Your cousin is counting the days)

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday, Cierra! I love the you retold the story of her birth day. We will be sad to not have Cierra in Dresden's class anymore.

Karebear said...

Cierra has always been a blessing to have in our family. I remember coming to visit you when you came home from the hospital. We didn't know you very well yet, but you were always so wonderful! Happy Birthday Cierra! Yeah!

Linda said...

I don't remember forcing you to take that picture. In fact I think you asked me to take it. Great blogging! Cierra is so dang cute. I can't believe she is 7 already. I loved the marshmallows. Caden has a great way of thinking. I'm sure he is miles ahead of all of us.

~Denise~ said...

Just wanted to wish her a Happy Birthday! (I know it's belated)