Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Family Reunion

This last weekend was Erick's family's reunion. Not all of his siblings were able to make it because of pregancies and other things, but we still all had a great time. Saturday we went to Seven Peaks and Sunday we went up to Heather's parent's new cabin and spent the night. Overall, everything went smoothly. But what would a family reunion be without some kind of injury or accident? Dave and Heather, I'm starting to see a trend here..........lol. Here are some pictures from our weekend.

Caden and Cierra (Cierra was laying down because she didn't feel well)

Caden and his cousin Drew (do you see the family resmeblence?)

My girls and me

Erick and Carter

Erick and I up at the cabin

Cierra and Drew holding their newly caught snakes. I was so proud of Cierra for being brave and holding a snake.

And then it bit her

Bruce and Viv (aka Bubba and Nana) just chillin' at the cabin

Dave and Chuck during the "Variety Show"

Kenzie building her rocket for the rocket launch

The winners of the rocket launch-Caden and Erick

Mackenzie, Caden, and Cierra

The whole family that was there

The cows liked us so much that they didn't want us to leave, so they blocked the road for a little while

7 comments:

Karebear said...

What fun. I wish I could have been there, but alas I am one of those pregnant ones you mentioned (I have a week and a half left!) I am so sorry about the snake bite! I have a feeling there is more story to the "variety show". Thanks for being in our family and taking care of my family for me!!

TUsulli said...

Great pictures and story to sum up the reunion.

Shannon said...

The reunion looked like a lot of fun. My family is small enough that we don't get together like this. I love hearing about the different activities families share in when they get together (variety show, rocket launch, etc.) You captured the before and after pictures of Cierra so well. They are great! Hope the bite wasn't too bad.

Linda said...

The look on Cierra's face after she got bit by the snake is so sad I can't look at it anymore. I want to cry for her. The other pics are cute. I'm glad you had fun with the fam.

Unknown said...

Hang in there Kristen. We are all saying extra prayers for you to be strong in times of trouble. You really are a good photographer. The Pics are great. Keep up the good work. We love you,
Granee

Heather said...

You are hanging out with Dave and Heather at your own risk and hereby agree not to sue Dave and Heather for any and all injury caused by your voluntary participation in all activities Heather and Dave plan. You acknowledge that danger may be involved in hanging out with Dave and Heather and hereby agree to accept any an all risks of injury or death and to hold harmless Dave and Heather for myself and all minors with me.

(Just for future family reunion reference)

Crystal said...

Family Reunions are so much fun. Yours looks like a blast. I am glad you were able to have some fun with your family.