Sunday, December 13, 2009

Little Snowdrop

Someone that I love very much, lost someone that they love very much yesterday.

Little Snowdrop

The world may never notice
If a Snowdrop doesn't bloom,
Or even pause to wonder
If the petals fall too soon.
But every life that ever forms,
Or ever comes to be,
Touches the world in some small way
For all eternity.


The little one we long for
Was swiftly here and gone.
But the love that was then planted
Is a light that still shines on.
And though our arms are empty,
Our hearts know what to do.
Every beating of our hearts
Says that we love you.

- Author Unknown -

6 comments:

Carol DuBreuil said...

Thank you for the beautiful poem. It deeply touched our hearts and brought oceans of tears to our eyes. We love all of our family sooo much and wish that we could be there to comfort and help in some way.
Grandma & Grandpa DuBreuil

Vivienne Sullivan said...

I put her name on the prayer roll at choir today along with your mother and my 25th grandchild. I hope she knows how much we all love her and wish we could comfort her in person.

Karebear said...

I don't know who is suffering, but my heart goes out to them.

Heather said...

I'm so sorry for you and your friend. You are both in our prayers.

BubbaRooster said...

A wise person once said, "It is better for us to pass through sorrow that we might know good from evil", and in my life there is, and has been so much that is good because of all of you whom I love and because of all I see that you must pass through. You are not alone.

e said...

Thank you Kristin. You mean the world to me and I am so grateful to have the family I do. This made me cry because I feel so loved and not because I'm sad any more. I am just overwhelmed at the love that surrounds me. Love you.