Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cierra

My sweet Cierra,

What a blessing you are to our family. I can't imagine my life without you. I'm sorry that you have had to go through so many trials in your short little life. Epilepsy is a rotten, horrible disease and I'm sorry that you have to face it and struggle with it everyday. I wish I could battle it for you. I admire your strength and your courage. You rarely complain about your seizures, even though some days you have 50 or more and they leave you exhausted and hardly able to function. I hope that you never let your epilepsy stop you from doing everything that you want to do in this life. You have so much to offer the world and I hope that you will always do your best and shine, no matter what you're faced with. I love you so much and I am so proud of you for all the things that make you who you are.

Love,
Mom

6 comments:

Michelle Wilkes said...

Oh, that made me cry! We miss you guys!

Karebear said...

That was really sweet. We love Cierra too! Keep dancing and keep fighting! (Hug, Hug, Hug)

BubbaRooster said...

I don't know what I'd do without that little bit of Heaven in our family. Thanks for bringing her to us.

Shannon said...

I hope Cierra grows out of her epilepsy...sooner rather than later. What a sweet tribute.

Linda said...

She is definitely a trooper and a tough kid. I'm sorry you have to watch her hurt. I love you both more than you will ever know.

Mary said...

What a beautiful girl! We're excited to see you all in a couple months~