Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School and an update

Today is the first day of school and I am actually sad. I love having my girls home with me all day. I'm really going to miss them. Kenzie is starting 6th grade and has Mrs. Ward and Cierra is starting 2nd grade and has Mrs. Manion. We went to an openhouse at the school yesterday and got to meet the teachers and see the classrooms. They both picked adorable school clothes and looked so cute and grown-up this morning.




Life has been crazy busy since we got back to Utah. I've hardly had a free minute to finish unpacking. Erick came home last weekend for a quick visit. It was good to see him. Caden was especially excited. We went to Chuck E Cheese and had a campfire in the backyard and just relaxed and hung out together. We probably won't see him again until the baby gets here.

The baby and I are doing good. I have borderline gestational diabetes, so I have to watch what I eat very carefully, but I don't have to take insulin. My thyroid is starting to go high again, so my endocrinologist adjsuted my medication again. Hopefully that will take care of it. At my last appointment, my midwife told me that I'm having a very big baby, he was at least 5lbs then, so we'll see how big he is at birth. My last ultrasound showed a large hydrocele in his little boy parts. It's basically a big pocket of fluid that is caused by a tube not closing. They will do an ultrasound when he is born and decide if it needs to be surgically repaired or not. Baby boy is still transverse, so we are scheduling a version/induction or a c-section for the 5th or 6th of October. So, if they are able to turn him, then they will induce my labor and if they can't turn him, they will do the c-section. Only 39 days to go! I can't wait to meet this little man :)

10 comments:

Karebear said...

First day of School if always very excited. Your girls are so cute! Is Caden going to be going to school? I am excited to meet your little man as well. I'm glad your on the count down. Any name ideas?

Kristin said...

We're still working on getting Caden back into the school district program here, so we're not sure if he'll be going or not yet. We're pretty sure on Tyler Charles for the name, but it's not definite yet :)

TUsulli said...

Sounds like a fantastic name! You could always switch it, C does come before T you know ;)!
I think you need to change the baby counter thingy-ma-bobby. It says 46 days, but It's only 39, right?
Good to get the update, it will be exciting when he gets here I'm sure

Dave said...

I'm so relieved to hear that neither Kenzie or Cierra have any of my old teachers

Michelle Wilkes said...

I think it's time to make one of those paper chains to count down the days til Tyler comes. Caden would enjoy that!

Mary said...

Wish I could tell you those days will fly by, but they drag more and more the closer you get (which you already remember I'm sure)
But at least you have a date set, that helps! good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

BubbaRooster said...

Just so everyone who reads your blog can know, Nana and Bubba are "stinkin' and soakin'" happy that you and the girls and Caden are living under our feet again. We love it

Linda said...

Seriously......adorable girls!

I can't wait to see the new little baby boy. I'm so glad you are close again.

e said...

I feel so glad to have you close again too! Well, closer than you were. :) If you don't make a paper chain countdown, then Stanley and I will.

Kim said...

I can't believe how close you are to having this baby boy! Goodness, it seems like these pregnancies are just flying! I like the name you have tentatively picked out for him.
I'm so glad you all had a good visit this past weekend. :)
And your girls are so cute! I can't believe Mackenzie looks like such a teenager already!