Friday, July 31, 2009

We are here!

We made it to Utah Monday afternoon. It was a long drive and poor Kenzie got sick, but we all made it alive and well. My mom has been in the hospital since we got here, so I haven't made very much progress unpacking, but she was released today and is hopefully on the mend. I saw my midwife on Tuesday and had an ultrasound Thursday. Good news- baby's lip and stomach look great! Bad news- he is still transverse and I still have placenta previa, so it looks like we'll most likely be doing a c-section. But as long he gets here healthy, that's all that matters. He is weighing in at just under 4lbs and has chubby cheeks! Also, I failed my 1 hour glucose test, so I had to go and do the 3 hour glucose test today. I should have the results next week. Cierra saw the nuerologist this week as well. We adjusted meds again because her seizures have been really bad lately. If she is still having seizures at the end of September, we will be adding a third medication to the mix. Since she has all ready failed two medications, the chance of this medication working is really low, but we'll keep our fingers crossed. That about sums up our week. I hope that next week is much more slow-placed :)

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I am glad you are here. I am sorry Joel couldn't help unload your truck. I was at a baby shower that night and he came home early to work. Hope your baby arrives safe.

Karebear said...

Hopefully things will calmed down for you, but does that ever really happen? Good luck!

Michelle Wilkes said...

Glad you made it there safe.

Unknown said...

Sorry about such a stressful week! All your family is my prayers--I feel so bad! :(

Kenzie Leigh said...

I never want to move again. Never.

e said...

I can't believe you only have about 70 days until your baby comes! I know it hasn't gone by fast for you, but for me it has! I hate moving too, and luckily the government of Canada moves us from now on! WOOHOO!