Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Biopsy results are back

My thyroid biopsy came back 100% normal!!! Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts. I will need to have a thyroid ultrasound done every six months for the rest of my life to monitor the nodules, but I am very happy that I am cancer-free. My endocrinologist still wants me to have my thyroid removed, so that I can go off off the medication I am on, but I am opting not to do that. We still have no idea where we are going to deliver the baby, but we will have to figure it out sometime soon I guess. I'm just not very good at making big decisions.

On another note, I have a couple of friends that haved used a test called Intelligender during their pregnancies and had accurate results, so I thought that I would give it a try. It tests your urine to tell you if you're having a boy or a girl. It has an 80-90% accuracy rate. Well, I took one this morning and it says that we are having a BOY! I'm curious to see if it's right when we have our ultrasound in a few weeks. I have thought this baby was a girl the whole time, so I was really surprised by the results. We'll know for sure soon!
http://www.intelligender.com/

10 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so happy that you received good news about your biopsy. Yeah for good news!! I'm pretty partial to boys and think they are way fun. It will be interesting to see if your intelligender test is accurate.

e said...

I'm very glad you don't have cancer. Congrats on that. :) I hope your gender thing is right, it will be perfect to have 2 boys and 2 girls!

Ashley Rawlings said...

Awesome! I'm so happy the results came back normal! (((hugs)))

Karebear said...

What a relief! I am so glad. Are you feeling any better, well besides the fact that you are pregnant? I hope so.

I am anxious for your ultrasound. I thought Parker was a girl. I think God was/is telling me I have one more child in heaven waiting for me and I have to do this all over again one more time (but just not right now!)

BubbaRooster said...

Great news on the biopsy, and if it's a boy you promised me I could name it, remember?
Bubba

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you don't have cancer! I feel bad you had to have this huge scare! Come to Utah and have the baby :)

Linda said...

I'm with Cami about coming to Utah to have the baby, but I know you'll figure out what is best.

I still think you are having a girl! Maybe you could name a boy or a girl Bubba Rooster Sullivan. It kind of flows nicely.

I'm happy it's not cancer but I wish I could just take away the other health stuff going on with your pregnancy and make your life a little easier.

Karebear said...

Promise me you wouldn't name your child 'Bubba Rooster'. I sneaked over to your Mom's blog and read the story about Cierra. Horse Nuts? Where did she come up with that? I'm still smiling.

Mary said...

YAY! We're definitely glad about that news. And a boy would be fun, 2 cousins the same age and gender... nice.

Heather said...

Good to hear! I hope for your sake everything works out with the Dr down there. Traveling when you are prego is no fun.