Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our Whirlwind Trip

Caden and I flew to Utah Sunday afternoon after driving 3 1/2 hours to the airport. It was Caden's first plane ride, so I had to take a few pictures. I guess my picture-taking made it obvious that it was his first time, so that pilot invited him up to the front to see all of the controls. Caden loved it, but then got nervous when the controls started talking and wanted to go back to his seat.

Watching all the planes out the window at the airport

Posing with his drink

On the plane


Monday morning, my Mom, Caden, and I went to see my midwife. Everything with the baby looks good so far. The heart beat was in the 160's again, making me really think we're having another little girl. We get to find out for sure in about a month. Caden found some swimming goggles while we were there and decided to try them on and show us his muscles.

Here he is, looking awfully cool


Monday afternoon, Bruce, my Mom, and I went to the ENT to get my thyroid biopsy done. Let me just tell you that it was an AWFUL experience. I have two nodules that they are concerned about and they did three biopsies on each, so six total. It was the most painful thing I have experienced besides childbirth. I should know the results at the beginning of next week. Everyone send benign biopsy vibes my way!

Tuesday morning, I went to the endocrinologist for a med check. It was an easy appointment and I didn't even have to get any blood work done. Tuesday afternoon, Bruce took Caden and I to Olive Garden and then to airport. We had an uneventful flight to Albuquerque and an extremely long drive back to Roswell. The girls stayed with Michelle (thanks again!) and Erick picked them up when he got off work, so they met me at home. I am so glad to be home with my family. I missed my girls so much! I don't think I'll be making another trip like that again soon because I am exhausted. We are driving up to Utah again in about a month for more appointments and tests. I'm glad that I get a few weeks to recover.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Consider our vibes sent, and our prayers. I'm glad you made it here and back safe.

Karebear said...

To rest for a while? Are you crazy? You need like two years of uneventful things to have a rest! Squiggly, Squiggly, Squiggly (that is my vibes being sent...did you feel it?)

Linda said...

Getting to hold Caden and have him snuggle with me just makes my heart melt. Next time you come, if you really insist, I will hold you too. (But I might have to put some limits on the snuggling)

All my positive thoughts are with you. Remember how much I love you and that we can always get through anything that comes our way as a family.

TUsulli said...

Great shots of Caden, what a cutie!

Michelle Wilkes said...

My vibes don't have far to travel. I should have started them sooner so that you wouldn't have had such a painful experience.

BubbaRooster said...

I've barely recovered MYSELF just from being in the room when the Doc took those biopsies.
That picture of Caden looking out the window....yeah, that's a keeper.
I know the traveling is the PITS, but I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in a month. Hopefully the basement will be painted, but it's going REALLY slow. I miss Mason!

e said...

Yeah, that Caden steals the show. I hope your throat is feeling better now! We should go around to all doctors and give them a thyroid biopsy so that they can't tell people that it's "nothing".

Shannon said...

I hope all the good vibes will return a biopsy that shouldn't need to be worried about. Seriously, I think some good fortune needs to come your way soon. I guess it is good news the baby is doing well. Caden looks like a cutie, as always!