Friday, September 12, 2008

Grandpa Bill

A few weeks ago (about 4 days after Cierra was diagnosed with epilepsy), my Grandpa was diagnosed with colon cancer. He is my Mom's Dad and I am very close to him, so it was very hard to hear. He found out on a Monday and had surgery to remove the tumor on Friday. The surgery took much longer than expected and the Dr.'s were certain that it had spread to his lymph nodes when they were through. The tumor was larger than they expected and was affecting other parts of his body. Thankfully, all of the biopsies have come back normal, so the cancer has not metastisized at all. They have not yet decided if he will need to undergo chemotherpay. He was finally released from the hospital a couple of days ago, after fighting an infection in the hospital. I went to see him tonight and he is looking good. The home health nurse was there and taught my Mom and me how to change the dressing in his open wound. I'm so glad that he's on the mend and I am thankful that it was not more serious. We love you Grandpa Bill and hope that you have a speedy recovery from here on out!!!

3 comments:

Ashley Rawlings said...

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for "Grandpa Bill."

(((hugs)))

Karebear said...

I hope things continue to run smooth for your Grandpa!

Anonymous said...

I hope he continues to do well. *hugs*