Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our Mornings at the River

I take Tyler to the river usually once a week after I drop Caden off at school. It is so quiet there in the mornings and the playgrounds are deserted, so we have them all to ourselves. Tyler loves to take his sweet time crossing the bridge, stopping every minute or two to watch a duck swimming by or inspect a spider web or squat down to get a better look at some little fish jumping out of the water. He loves to throw sticks in the water and watch them float away. He also loves the freedom and wide open play space at the river. He LOVES to swing and just loves being at the river in general. Not that I can blame him. There is something so healing and soothing about water. It is such a great way to start our day. Here are some pictures of one of our recent visits :)











4 comments:

Heather said...

That river is really a beautiful place out there in the desert. I love that picture with Ty-ty crawling on the playground and looking out through the side of his eyes. Precious!

kelly anne said...

cute pictures! i totally agree about being by water. it always makes me feel better!

Karebear said...

It weird to see Tyler walking. Last time I saw him he was just a crawler.

TUsulli said...

I love those nice quite one on one times. Loved the pictures!