Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas felt a little rushed this year because of the move, but we still had a great time. Erick flew home on the 23rd and of course that same day, Kenzie got really sick. So, Caden, Cierra and I picked him up at the airport. It was such a cute reunion. Caden spotted Erick and took off running to him and they hugged and hugged. Caden kept staring at Erick's face, just to make sure it was really him. That night we had the Sullivan family Christmas party, complete with a great dinner and a reenactment of the Nativity.
Our two little sheep, Caden and Isaac

Mary, baby Jesus, Joseph and the sheep

Kenzie holding Dallin

Christmas Eve we went to the mall because Cierra had not seen Santa yet. Kenzie was feeling better, so she came with us. Erick waited in line with her while I finished up some last minute shopping. After waiting in line for an hour and half and still not seeing Santa, we had to leave to meet my family for lunch. After lunch, Erick took Cierra back to the mall to wait in line again. It took them three hours, but she finally got to sit on his lap and tell him what she wanted for Christmas. After they got back, we went to my Mom's house for Christmas Eve dinner. After dinner, we opened Christmas pajama's and watched the movie "A Nativity Story." Then it was time to go home and put out the cookies and eggnog for Santa. Soon after we got home, Cierra started feeling sick. We finally got her to take her medicine and put her to bed and then she started throwing up. It was a rough night to say the least.
Caden and Tanner at the restaurant

Christmas morning was great, except for poor Cierra. She still felt awful, so she sat on the couch with Viv and tried to be enthusiastic about opening her presents. Kenzie scored a cell phone from Santa and was by far the happiest one that morning. Caden was very cute about all of it. It was his first year to start to understand Christmas and he had a lot of fun seeing what Santa brought him and opening all of his presents. After presents, we all got ready and went over to my Grandma's house for Christmas breakfast. We left Cierra home with Bruce and Viv to watch her new DVD "Hairspray." We came home from breakfast and crashed. We were supposed to go to a dinner that night, too, but we were too exhausted and still had so much to do to get ready for the move. So that was our Christmas 2008. I'll be posting about our move as soon as I have a chance.
Waiting to see what Santa brought

Kenzie sees her new phone!

Caden checking out his stocking

Cierra and Nana

9 comments:

Terrie said...

I am glad you guys had a good Christmas, even if it was rushed. Poor Ciera, we got that nasty stomach flew the day after Christmas...no fun! I have been thinking about you guys and feeling like an awful friend for not coming by before you left. I hope that you guys are settling in. Lillie and I miss you guys already. I bet Lillie would love to have your address so she could write Ciera, email me when you have a chance.

Nicole said...

I have been thinking of you guys as well. We wanted to stop by before you left, and as you know we never made it over. We are so happy for your family. Although we will miss you, we are excited for your new start! I will keep checking on your blog-so keep us updated!

BubbaRooster said...

Reading your blog was not good; it made my homesick for you guys all over again.
I'm glad I could go with you to Roswell, but I'm sure happy it's over with.....wow! I think Erick was the only one not sick at some point along the way.
As I look out my window here at work the snow pellets are pounding down. It's been about 17 degrees for 3 days now. I sure miss Roswell winters.
Bubba

Kara said...

Tell Ciera to feel better!

KARA VAIL

Kara said...

I would love to go to Kenzie's page. How can I get on?

Linda said...

First: Caden is the cutest little lamb I have ever seen. Second: I love the picture of Cierra waiting to go upstairs with the "throw up" bowl. Third: The look on Kenzie's face when she sees her cell phone is priceless. Forth: I miss you sooooooo much it hurts. I can't wait until I get to see all of you in March!

Karebear said...

I agree the 'throw up bowl picture is the best!' Kenzie looks so different! I hate it when kids grow up without me! She is gorgeous though! I hope things are settling in and everything is going well. After reading Kenzie's blog I hope things aren't as bad as they sound (although I have been through Roswell myself so...) Love you guys!

QBug said...

Sounds like your Holiday was busy. I hope you guys are settling into your new place.

Kim said...

I'm sorry it was rushed - thankfully it seems to have been a good Christmas though. I love the nativity pictures! So neat & very cute. :) I'm sorry Cierra wasn't feeling well but I'm glad she got to see Santa. And boy is Kenzie looking so much like a teenager now!