Sunday, May 4, 2008

Saturday Outing

I saw a commercial earlier this week advertising "This is the Place Heritage Park" and decided to take the kids there this weekend. I invited my sister Megan and her little boy Tanner to come with us. Neither of us had been there since Elementary school field trips and weren't sure how much fun it would actually be. It turned out to be such a fun place. They have so many fun things to do and the kids are learning at the same time. They have a petting corral, pony rides, a train ride, a wagon ride, lots of fun cabins and buildings to walk through, lots of arts and crafts for the kids, and a great play area. A lot of the cabins and houses are the originals and it was so neat to walk through them and know that our ancestors had once lived there. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't been there. We're already planning another trip back, so that Erick can go with us. Here are some pictures of our adventure.

All of the kids loved the petting corral. Some of the animals were only a few days old



The neat play area

Arts and Crafts

The girls with their bonnets on

Tanner and Caden passed out on the way home

7 comments:

Amy said...

It looks like they've added more since we went there last year. We'll have to plan a play group outing there this summer!

Heather said...

I love the goat pictures. We were supposed to go there Saturday too (but then I wrecked my van). I guess we should try again.

Crystal said...

That looks like so much fun! I am glad you had a great family outing.

Karebear said...

How old was that goat? It is so cute. Why is is that babies always look cute no matter what species they are? I loved the boys asleep in the car! That picture is a keeper! Heather, you wrecked your car! Did another deer hit you?

Kristin said...

Karen-the goat was only 3 days old! All the animals were brand new and so precious :)

Shannon said...

This looks like a great place to go with kids. I too, love the picture of the boys asleep in the car. Very cute.

Sister Hamilton said...

love the pictures, I am glad you had such a fun time. Thanks
love you